Skip to main content

More than 24 hours without my Gabby Fix

I was required to go to San Antonio from a Wednesday night until mid-Saturday.  I honestly didn't think I could survive that long without Gabby. I worried more about leaving Gabby and how she would behave for my mom and Michael than I did about the fact that I was presenting at the conference I was attending.  I am proud to report that Gabby, Michael, Grandma, and I all survived!

I actually learned a lot and my friend Kelli, who I rode with, helped me really have a good time while I was away. She was sweet and patient with my constant conversation about Gabby.  We had fun going to this really cool restaurant that had 2100 vintage plates all over the walls with her grandpa.  We also went to the movies at this really cool place where you could have a drink, gelato, or even sushi while you waited for your movie to start.  It was nice to be me and not mommy me for  a few days and it was nice to come home.  I will not say absence makes the heart grow fonder because I despise that term, but being away helped me appreciate my sweet little family a smidgen more than I usually do (which I didn't think was possible). 

Gabby apparently was well behaved while I was gone (which I believe is because she was probably spoiled rotten by every person she came in contact with).  I am very grateful that everything went smoothly, otherwise poor Gabrielle would be stuck by my side a least until she was 20 without a break!  I am so appreciate to everyone who pitched in to help my trip be successful, it was a lot of planning, worrying and work for everyone involved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...