Skip to main content

Gabrielle's Dictionary

So here are some of Gabby's common words/phrases and their meaning:

Show- She wants to watch a television program or movie
Elmo on- This could mean she actually wants to watch Elmo or she would like to watch Nemo.  We make her clarify and she will expand by saying "fish" if she means Nemo.
Show me- Usually she will grab your hand and want to take you to see something or play with her some where
Mere- Come here
Beast- Beauty and the Beast
Money money-She found money it could be a coin or paper money they are equally exciting to her
Pig noise: Could mean she wants to put money in her piggy bank, play with her piggy bank by taking the money out and putting it back in or that she would like to watch Peppa Pig.  (She'll usually clarify by saying money or Peppa if you don't have a context to figure it out)
Bye-Bye: Just the cutest phrase she has because of the way she says it and usually follows it by "wuv you"
Scuse me- Means excuse me. She will say this with no prompting when she burps or after each hiccup it's adorable!
Tae Tu- Thank you
Side- Means slide and that she wants to go to the park
Walk- She wants to ride in her stroller or push her baby in her stroller
All done- She wants to stop doing something
Butter butter- Peanut butter or butter she loves both of them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...