Skip to main content

A Day..

Gabby started cutting TWO teeth at one time; however, on this particular day I was not aware that her reason for being a pain was because she was in pain. She was an extremely unhappy baby all day long. She required me to hold her or listen to her whine every moment she was awake, but since the world doesn't stop when you have a cranky baby, I decided to attempt a few quick errands, in which we would be home in an hour or less. I simply wanted to exchange an outfit she was given that wasn't the correct size and pick up Daddy's Father's Day gift (because we were at Lacey's wedding the weekend of Father's Day). We went to the store to exchange the outfit, but of course they didn't have her size. They did however have a 70% off sale so Gabby was allowed to choose one toy which only cost $2 and put her in a magnificient mood. Then she began getting fussy in the car so I gave her a Goldfish cracker, but she kept yelling for the entire bag so I opened the bag with a hole just large enough for her petite hand to get in and out. Bad idea!! Within five minutes of giving her the bag I realized she was dumping the entire bag all over the car. On the up side she was having a blast and her mood continued to improve. By the time we arrived to the store to pick up Gabby's hand painted picture frame there was Goldfish confetti everywhere! In her diaper, in her car seat, all over the seats in the car, on the floorboards, you name it there were Goldfish littering that area of the car, not to mention them literally spilling out of the car when I opened the door! Gabby was covered in Goldfish. So I started laboring away putting each Goldfish back into the bag. Gabby is giddy by this point, so proud of her orange confetti art work. I free her from the orange blanket of fish and we go into the store and pick up her precious picture frame, which takes a total of one minute since I had already paid.

So back to the car we go, with nothing but the few bucks in my pocket and no diaper bag, no phone, and of course no keys!! I pull on the door handles, but they were locked tight. I peek into the car and of course there the keys are taunting me, hiding behind Gabby's car seat. I do not recall locking the car much less placing the keys there, but they laid there with no hope for me to get Gabby home before another tantrum began.

So I tote Gabby and her gift for Daddy back into the store, borrow their phone, and beg my mom to save us from this event. Luckily Mom was right by my house and she was able to get in and find my spare key. Luckily we were locked out of my car in Kingwood's Town Center so I just took Gabby across the street and grabbed a hand spun chocolate milkshake. After we finished our milkshake we found a bench under a shady tree and Gabby had a blast running around watching the ants marching on the concrete and the tree blowing in the wind. Less than 15 minutes after we finished our milkshake my mom was there to save the day. I don't know if this was a good day or a bad day but I do know it was a lucky day. Whenever the going got tough Gabby was an angel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...