Gabby never seized to surprise me. While her Grandma and Grandpa were here I was getting her to show off her tricks: the motions to "Wheels On the Bus" (her favorites, "shh, shh, shh" and "round and round"), the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Pat-a-Cake" and showing off her body parts. I asked her where her eyes were and she touched them and said eyes, then I asked her where her nose was and she grabbed it. Then Bonnie joined in and asked where her ears were. I informed Bonnie that she didn't know that one yet, but to my surprise and great pleasure she touched her ear and wiggled it! So that night Michael and I probed her apparently she knows her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, feet and tummy! She also learned how to make the motion for the baby on the bus go wah, wah, wah, in like 5 minutes, and she wanted to practice so she would take my hands and make the motions to make me sing that part of the song again. It's the little things that make me so proud. I love my smart baby girl!
I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus. We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves. If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button. Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...
Comments