Skip to main content

14 Months

So as requested by Gabby's Nanny, Aunt Lacey, here are some of the milestones she has mastered:

Fine motor skills:
She uses a pen to scribble artwork
She uses large crayons to make lines
She uses chalk to mark on concrete
She picks up poker chips and moves them from one slot to another

Gross motor skills:
She climbs onto furniture
She "drives" her little scotter car
She throws a ball
She kicks balloons into the air
She runs everywhere
She can crawl up stairs with ease
She is learning to go down stairs
She usually listens when told no

Speech & Language:
She has over 20 words (up, mom, dad are favorites) she just started saying PopPop for papa
When you ask her how old she is she holds up 1 fingers, says, "dis" and then claps for herself
Gabby uses her singing voice when she likes a song
She claps for herself and requires everyone in the room to reciprocate
When she wants to be held or wants out of her high chair she says "up" and raises her little hands
When she sees something cooking on the stove or steaming she says "hot"
If her food is hot she will blow on each bite before eating it
She follows instructions such as, "give me a kiss" or "bring Daddy your sock"
If you stick your tongue out at Gabby she will laugh and do it back

My favorite of her skills:
When I ask her to give me a kiss she purses her lips, leans in and says "mmmm ahhh!"
When I am busy and can't hold her she will run up, hug my legs, give a quick kiss and run off
The first thing she does in the morning is pick up her doll, hold it sweetly and gives it a minimum of 6 kisses
She can now use a spoon and get a decent amount of food on it and then she tries to feed it to Mommy
She does the motions to Pat-a-Cake and Itsy Bitsy Spider
She always shares her snacks with Ranger
When she sees kids she excitedly waves and says "hi"
She takes the lid off and then puts it on her container of tennis balls
When we get her dressed for bed she always helps put her arms through and then wiggles her little fingers when they are all visible again
She closes doors (usually shutting you on the opposite side) and then she knocks and gleefully laughs when you opens the door
She tries to put her shoes on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...