Skip to main content

Christmas Time is Here!


Santa was in a hurry, he left a mess!  
We love our girl 
A happy family
 Christmas morning was a busy time...actually the entire days was very busy.  Gabby woke up, we woke Daddy, and then went down stairs to see what Santa brought.  Gabby instantly knew the gifts from Santa were for her.  She went directly to a small one, picked it up, and began tasting the wrapping paper and playing with the tag.  She played with her wrapped gifts while mommy got dressed and cooked the homemade cinnamon rolls.  Once everyone began to arrive an hour later, we opened gifts from Santa, a few from mommy and daddy, and Grandma and Papa.  Then, Gabby took a long nap and then graced us with her presence.  We instantly began opening gifts when she woke up, but the sea of gifts was still overwhelming.  We continued to open gifts ALL day long.  We started opening at 9:00 in the morning and officially finished at approximately 3:00 in the afternoon (with breaks of course).  Gabby was so excited she never napped.  She really did her own thing all day.  She enjoyed opening gifts at first but quickly became sad that we would take them away to open another one. Gabby enjoyed playing with her toys, bows, wrapping paper, and empty water bottles. I honestly don't think she cared whether it was a gift or the trash, it was all fun to her.  Gabby was happy all day even though she did not have but one nap. It was a very special day which a lot of family came to celebrate Gabby's first Christmas: of course, Mommy and Daddy, the grandparents , second cousins, Ryan and his fiance and soon to be stepdaughter, Carmen, second cousin Brandy and Sidney, Great Aunts: Christine and Lisa, and Great Grandma Belva.  Gabby is a very lucky girl to have such a loving family who is excited to celebrate special events with her!

Gifts Gabby received (in no particular order): clothes, shape sorter, books, a puzzle, a stroller, a baby doll, two different puppies for learning, a wagon, a little push car, a jack-in-the-box, Beauty in the Beast DVD, pacifiers, bibs, Elmo, an Elmo movie, a car seat, a HUG dog, a kitty that meows and purrs, money, pretty dressed, instruments, jewelery, blocks with her name on it, CDs, a sippy cup with her name engraved on it, and boots, and much much more I am sure!

Merry Christmas!!


Lost in a sea of gifts 
Santa is Real!


Comments

Anonymous said…
You forgot Nanny and Uncle Patty were there! also Brendan and Priscilla

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...