Today I was lucky and didn't have to go to work until 1:30. I enjoyed stealing extra moments with my baby girl. Whenever I went to pick her up from Grandma's after work I was amazed! I swear she grew up while I was at work for 5 hours. I know they say that babies grow fast, but really?? How is it possible that I left my little girl and by the time I arrived to pick her up she was a big girl? I think she gained a pound and grew two inches while I was gone. I am surprised she wasn't like the Hulk and burst out of her clothing because she is so much bigger. She also developed a "real baby cry" it's loud, strong, and determined to make a point and you better figure out its meaning fast or it increases in loudness and intensity! Another way she improved her development over the weekend is that she now not only looks at her animals on the mobile attached to her bouncer, but she now kicks it (her monkey of course) so much that she almost slides completely out of the bouncer. She was also sleeping in her crib all last week, but we vetoed the crib after I looked on the monitor two nights in a row and there was no Gabby where I placed her when she went to sleep! Houdini was living up to her name, now you see her...now you don't! She rolled off of her positioner, and turned in various positions in her crib, which freaked Mommy out!! So now she is sleeping in her bassinet again and remains in the same place where I put her down (because there isn't room for her to run). I wonder what her next magic trick will be?!?
I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus. We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves. If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button. Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...
Comments