Skip to main content

Good Morning Sunshine! (Before the sun is up)

This morning at 4:30 I woke up because I heard a noise and thought the power went off.  At 4:45 I realized it was my little girl I was hearing not anything else.  Since she was starting to fuss I walked in the room to give her her pacifier to hold her off for another hour before breakfast; however, when I walked into her room and peek in the crib Gabby gets a huge smile across her face and flaps her arms and glees in excitement.  Obviously we are not going back to sleep.  So I scoop her up and carry her into our room.  I precede to feed her (thinking she will go to sleep as soon as her tummy is full) and her eye lids get heavy.  I sigh with relief and figure I can probably sneak in a 45 minute nap before the alarm goes off at 6:00, but yet again Gabby realizes Mommy is falling to sleep and starts kicking me and talking to me.  We go into the guest bedroom as to not wake up Daddy and we lay down in the dark.  I kept my eyes closed, but never went back to sleep I just enjoyed listened to my little one having a mini-slumber party with me.  Almost every Thursday since I have gone back to work Gabby has awoken extremely early (sometimes 2:00) and not gone back to sleep.  It has just occurred to me that Thursday is the last day of my work week and maybe Gabby is needing more Mommy time and has figured out a way to get that needed extra bonding time?  I hope that is not it and that it's just a coincidence.  I don't want her to miss her parents, especially when she is being spoiled and having quality grandma time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...