Skip to main content

SLEEP is for the WEAK


This onsie is appropriate! For the last week Gabby has woken up every two hours at night, which exhausts me!  Then she was fussy each day, but I couldn't figure out why, my guess was a tummy ache?  Waking up so often caused me to be tired all day because for some reason I am unable to nap during the day. Finally we figured out that she was simply hungry! I am breastfeeding so it's hard to know how much she is drinking, but I supplemented with an ounce of stored milk (after Mike astutely observed her sucking on her hand) and voila she was a content baby again! 

Another thing that was frustrating was Gabby wakes up every time I put her in her bassinet. I can wait 30 minutes or an hour of holding her after she falls asleep before placing her in it and without a doubt she will wake up every time I lay her in the bassinet. I could lay her other places and she sleeps but not her bassinet.  This is obviously very frustrating and causes me to stay awake for two hours during most feedings in the middle of the night.  Finally, I voiced this frustration to Michael two nights ago and he suggested we try the bassinet our friend loaned us.  Amazingly she fell straight to sleep when placed in her new bed.  Then, last night (her second night in the new bassinet with the new positioner) she slept through the night!!! She fell asleep at 9:30 and did not wake up until 6:00!!! I did not sleep well from 2:00 until 5:00 when I finally gave up on sleep because I had to keep checking her breathing and make sure she was okay.  I am not sure if this was a fluke occurrence, but I am so excited at the possibility of her sleeping through the night before I have to return to work.  I think most of the credit can go to my dear problem solving husband.  Thanks for helping your wife stay sane by figuring out ways to help our baby sleep through the night (and he thinks he doesn't know what to do with babies).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...