Michael and I took a birthing class for 8 hours on Saturday. It was pure torture the ENTIRE time!! My doctor recommended that we take the class so we begrudgingly obliged. The class was not exactly what I expected, but was completely boring! It wasn't the teacher's fault either the subject matter just wasn't that interesting if you've read as many books as I have during these 9 months. The teacher promised we would leave knowing more than we did when we arrived. The only useful thing I learned was that if you turn a chair backwards and sit in it, it's a lot more comfortable than sitting correctly in a chair because it gives the baby more room. Michael learned some (vocabulary mainly), but nothing worth our time or money we invested. I guess it's a right of passage...I am sure in a few months/years we will look back on our class an laugh at the 8 hours of torture. So my advice to anyone who is going to take a birthing class is research it first and make sure it's covering things you do not know or things you would like more information about. I think the only thing I learned other than the chair position that I am thankful to know in advance is that they allow you one hour with the baby if she's healthy and then they take her for monitoring for 4 hours and I think that will make it a little easier when they take her away (although I am sure I won't be happy with this).
It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day. This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children. We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met. They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids. The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon. Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was. She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse. I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring. Once Addison appeared (because the m...
Comments