Skip to main content

The Guessing Game

People have started to guess when they think Gabby will be born. I find this very amusing and a great way to pass the time. Apparently so does Michael, he informed me that we should start a pool of bets at both of our works and see who guesses Gabby's birthday correctly. Although I find this idea amusing, I don't plan on actually doing it; however, who knows if Michael will?!

So far I have been given these guesses:
Michael (Daddy): March 17th (which is St. Patrick's Day)
My Mom (Nana): March 12th (exactly 2 weeks early)
My Dad (Papa): March 13th or 14th
Mike's Mom (Grandma): March 24th
Great Aunt Lisa: March 12th
Amy (A good friend): March 11th or 12th
Sharon (Aunt Sharon): March 26th (she thinks Gabby will be punctual)
Lacey (Aunt Lacey): Says any day before the due date (because she will be out of town ON the due date!)
Jenny (Mike's cousin: March 17th)

My grandma stated at the very latest I will have her March 30th because it's a full moon. A preacher at a daycare I go to told me that if my baby is born on the 30th he will give me a month worth the free diapers because that is his birthday (although free diapers are great I will forgo them to have this little girl sooner!)

Me (Mommy): I refuse to take a guess because I was so POSITIVE that she was a boy! I don't want to make a guess and then become highly disappointed that I am wrong; although secretly I have thought the 17th since I got pregnant (which means if you take a guess any date but that one will probably be more likely).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...