Skip to main content

Finally the Beach!



We made a checklist of fun things to do during the summer to ensure we did not get bored.  We were so busy with fun that we did not complete but about half of the list.  The one that Gabby required was the beach.  The beach was a problem though, because there was a bacteria in it at the beginning of the summer, and Mommy wouldn't risk it.  Instead we decided to take her to Schlitterbahn and she rode every single slide that she was allowed to go on, some numerous times.  Gabby is truly a daredevil like her Daddy (and unlike her Mommy).  We had a wonderful day at Schlitterbahn, but it wasn't the beach even when we added the Rainforest Cafe for dinner.  We promised her the beach another day and she did not forget.



So after many tears and lots of begging, we finally found a weekend that we had available to go to the beach! We  made it to the beach last weekend.  I am so glad we waited until September to go to the beach.  It was a perfect day.  After having an early lunch with a beautiful view we headed to our favorite beach in Galveston.  When we pulled up we were delighted to see the beach nearly empty.  No wind, perfect weather of 87 degrees and water that was just the right temperature.
Daddy found a hermit crab and Gabby enjoyed playing with it.

They made a 'home' for the hermit crab but quickly realized it would end in his demise.  Gabby saved him from an unfortunate ending to his tiny life.
Gabby and Daddy releasing the hermit crab where they found him. (It was Gabby's idea)
We spent the day just the three of us.  We started with building sand castles and burying Gabby.  Then we rode the waves, dug some holes, flew a kite, made some friends, rode more waves, collected sea shells and had a blast.  We really enjoyed the very quiet day revolving around Gabby.

If you look closely you can see Gabby is a mermaid. 

Her favorite part: breaking free from the sand.
Gabby chose her own bathing suit and then said with attitude and a hand on her hip, "Don't I look like Taylor Swift?!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...