Skip to main content

Halloween Party


Gabby and Daddy designed a Kitty jack-o-lantern 
This year for Halloween we decided to have an impromptu Halloween party.  First I got Gabby the pink leopard ready.  I put spots on her face and helped her get dressed in her costume (she really wanted to be a pink tiger, but it was impossible to find a costume so we compromised on being a pink leopard).  We invited her neighbor friends and her cousins to come for a party before trick-or-treating.  It was a small gathering, but it definitely h had flare.  The neighbors came over and participated in the planned fun.  Grandma was kind enough to buy dry ice for their witches brew.  All of the kids enjoyed seeing the smoke coming from the wicked concoction.  They all seemed super excited about their brew.
Dinner for Halloween
Next, we had a pumpkin hunt (actually gourds I couldn't find mini pumpkins anywhere).  First, I hid all of the 20 pumpkins and the kids found them.  They thought this activity was so fun that they decided to take all of the pumpkins they each found and hide them for the others to find.  This sounded like a great idea and they found some, but apparently not all of them! I found an old moldy gourd about a month later in Gabby's toy oven!

Our final (planned) activity was going to the box of unknowns and touching slimy things and guessing what they were.  The children who braved the box of horrors touched a monster heart, monster teeth, fingers, brains, witches tongue, and eyeballs.  The kids giggled and most peeked to see all of the foods I used to make the creepy "unknowns".  Gabby was excited but reluctant to touch them.

Then the kids just danced and played while we waited on the cousins to arrive and for the sun to begin setting.  Gabby cried for about 20 minutes before we got to leave mainly because of the witches brew which had red dye.  Once we got her to calm down Catie, Reagan, Molly, and Aunt Danielle were all here waiting for her to calm down so we could head out to trick or treat.

The time finally arrived! Gabby was calm, all of the kids had their buckets in hand and we were off to start trick-or-treating.  Gabby, her cousins, and Abby stayed together throughout the mile and enjoyed running from door to door.  After we made it home the girls all dumped their buckets out and inspected their collection of goodies.  Some of the girls ate WAY too much candy (Reagan should be singled out here for rolling around non-stop on the floor for at least 10 minutes) and others like Gabby tried two or three pieces.  The result was the same with all of the girls, they all had a sugar rush, which resulted in delirious, giggly, squealing girls running around for about an hour. We really enjoyed having the cousins join us for such a special Halloween and hopefully we can do it again next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...