Skip to main content

Easter 2014




Nanny surprised us by arriving the day before Easter and we convinced her to stay and celebrate the holiday with us!  Michael, Gabby, and I went to church Saturday night and we ended up leaving early because it was the Easter Vigil which meant they were baptizing and confirming hundreds of people.  Gabby really enjoyed church and cried when we left but it was almost 10:00 PM and she fell asleep on the way home. We set out some water and carrot for the Easter Bunny as directed by Miss Gabrielle. Then we called it a night.





Easter was the best one ever in my opinion.  Sorry I am writing this so long after the holiday, but there is a very very good reason.  Stay tuned.  Easter started like any typical Easter, Gabby following a trail of chocolate Easter eggs leading to her overflowing Easter basket.  Easter was basically like Christmas gift wise.  The Easter Bunny gave her a very small doll house with a girl hidden in all of the Easter eggs that she hunted.


While getting ready Easter morning I was talking to Nanny.  Nanny told me that I should get a dream journal and start writing down my dreams.  I asked her why and she said because your dream was right.  I looked at her confused, unsure what she was talking about.  Nanny said, because I am pregnant.  AWESOME, AMAZING, EXCITING news!! And I have to contain this for how long?!?! Three weeks until Uncle Patrick and Nanny can be together to share the news with all of the grandparents.


After finding out the news and sneaking a box of pregnancy books into the back of her car the Easter festivities began.  Grandma, Papa, Nanny, Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Ellen, Chelli, and Aaren all joined our quiet celebration.  It was fun.  We ate lunch and then took a quick trip to tour Grandma and Papa's new home and to poc eggs!  Gabby had fun but we only played with half of the eggs.



Easter was a fun day filled with family and friends.  It was so sweet watching Gabby hunt eggs and get excited about the Easter Bunny's gift and the fact that he ate all of her carrots.  I really cherish these days.  Time, please slow down.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...