Skip to main content

A Month Celebrating Gabby's Birthday


Let’s be clear, Gabby’s birthday celebration wasn't a day event like the typical person, oh no! It was a birthday month and we made the most of it all.  Her birthday month celebration began at Vic and Anthony’s (a place where only princesses celebrate) and then Papasito’s celebrated her birthday early when she informed the waitress that her birthday was March 17th.  We also celebrated on her actual birthday, the day before her party, her birthday party, at dinner after her party.  When we went to Texas Roadhouse with Grandma and Grandpa. Gabby informed them that it was almost her birthday party.  Naturally, they sang to Gabby (she grinned from ear to ear) and they also sat her on a saddle and did a good southern ‘yee haw’ in celebration.  She got a huge kick out of this. 

Sitting on the saddle while they sang "Happy Birthday"
Finally, our last celebration was the night of her birthday party when they gave her ice cream and sang Happy Birthday to her in their own special way.  Next, a duet of guitarist came over, sang happy birthday to Gabby, and then preceded to sing (in Spanish) and play the “chicken song” you always hear at weddings.  We cracked up laughing and dancing (at our seats) trying to encourage Gabby to join in.  She never actually danced, but loved every minute of the attention 100% on her in such and unexpected spontaneous way.  She kept elbowing Daddy while they sang and we of course giggled.  Once the music ended we asked her if she was elbowing Daddy because she was embarrassed by his dance moves and she matter-of-factly informed us that they were singing to her so he shouldn’t have been dancing.  It has been very fun celebrating a month of the greatest blessing in our lives.  I can’t wait for next year….actually I can.  Slow down Gabby.  Continue to stop and smell the roses and loving to spend all of your time with me.  I love being stuck together like glue.  Mommy and Daddy love you!

Blowing out her final candle celebrating her 4th birthday month

Elbowing Daddy because they were not singing to him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...