Skip to main content

Ballerina Tea Party


Today was the day Gabby has been talking about since Papa surprised us with tickets to a ballerina tea party! Gabby and I went and had lunch and Grandma and Papa's with Daddy, got all dolled up, and headed to the tea party!


Practicing her dance moves before arriving at the tea party

Trying to be like Mommy
As soon as we arrived at the party, Gabby was shown into the Sugar Plum Salon, where young ballerinas (not in costume) put on make up and did her hair.  Then it was off to get her nails painted and take a photo with the Sugarplum Fairy from the Nutcracker.  Finally, after being pampered, we entered the tea party, which was filled with finger foods and decadent desserts.  Gabby was in heaven! She filled her plate with cheese, crackers, sandwiches, cookies, cupcakes, and other sweet treats.  After setting our plates on the table we went to choose which raffles Gabby wanted to sign up for. After looking at all of the choices she put most of her tickets in an American Doll and Barbie Ballerina raffle drawing box (but we did not win).  Gabby was distraught that we had left our food at the table to we quickly returned to it after getting the door prize she had won (a paper doll kit).

Getting her make-up done

Finishing her new hair do

Getting her nails done
Everything was timed perfectly, after introducing herself to the little girl sitting next to us and tasting her food, it was time for the performance to begin! We enjoyed watching 7 abridged acts of the ballet The Nutcracker.  Gabby was in aw of it all and would clap before the performances were even over.  Then there was a short intermission and then the finale.  Since we were in the very back and I would stand up and hold Gabby while watching the performances during the last one I allowed her to dance "with" the ballerinas.  She was adorable imitating all of their moves and twirling after every few moves.  All in all I would say today was everything she dreamed it would be.  Thank you Papa for spoiling Gabby with a ballerina obsessed little girl's dream day!

Meeting a ballerina up close and personal after her performance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...