Skip to main content

Vacation Has Begun!



Giving Daddy bunny ears


Eskimo Kisses


Truly amazed by how much I love and adore her!

So this year we are not taking a true vacation, but we both took a week off of work to enjoy some family time.  We kicked our vacation off by going to a housewarming party and a wedding on Saturday.


 On Sunday, we went to the Ringling Brother's Circus, which was an all day event.  We saw the animals before the show. Then we watched various "side show" performances before the show began.  Gabby even went to the center ring with a bunch of other children and learned a new dance by one of the performers.  She really seemed to enjoy the show, she never took her eyes off of the performances, except to eat cotton candy of course. The cotton candy caused her to be unable to sit still in her seat.  Michael described her as a can of soda who had been shaken up, which is an appropriate description.  We really enjoyed our weekend of making memories and I hope to update every few days while we are on vacation to share our adventures.

We went early to meet the animals before the show

This is what she thought of the elephants, they smelled.

Gabby got a lesson in the center ring by one of the performers
We had front row seats to a clown performance

Getting ready for the show to begin

We watched an elephant paint better then I can

No circus is complete without some dangerous felines

There were tons of these bubbles with ladies doing acrobats in them

The elephants had some serious skills in the finale

The dragon was finally revealed (the story line for the circus)

 Gabby is already asking when we can go again.  I guess we will have to again some time soon when they are in town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...