Skip to main content

Gabby's 3rd Birthday!



 
 
Wow, Gabby is officially 3, can you believe we've been blessed to have her in our lives this long?! Being the opinionated verbose little girl she is, Gabby planned her own birthday.  Every time we talked about her birthday I would ask her what she wanted at her birthday and she would say, "pink, hearts, and farkles (sparkles)."  I thought that would be easy so I started doing research to get inspired.  In January she became obsessed with ballerinas so I decided to have a ballerina at her birthday party (to also solidify potty training motivation for no more accidents)! Once I mentioned it to her there was no going back. Then, the week before her birthday she added she needed flowers, pink lemonade, and balloons at her birthday as well.  I know we spoil her, but why not? She is a very grateful, loving angel and it's a day to celebrate her (as if we don't do this every day).



Grandma helped/made all of the decorations for the party.  Every picture I had pinned she made. We had handmade pink jeweled crowns for every girl, tutus around the tables, a birthday banner, tutu around the cupcake plate, popcorn boxes with pink sparkled hearts, decorative, ballerinas, homemade cupcakes, vases with pink sparkly hearts, flowers, mirrors for the girls to watch themselves dance and tons of balloons!




I was lucky enough to be allowed to set up the day before the party so I could relax and enjoy the party and not wake up at the crack of dawn.  It took Grandma, Nanny, and I a total of about 8 hours to completely set up for the party,  which included making the cupcakes, lemonade, pink popcorn and tutus for the table.  By the time Gabby and I picked Daddy up from the airport, I was feeling confident about being ready for the party and by the time we arrived home Grandma and Grandpa arrived, they traveled 5 hours to come and celebrate Gabby's birthday, what a treat!




The next morning I was ready by 8:15 and about to head out of the house when the lady who rented the clubhouse to me knocked on my door and informed me that I had the date wrong and my party wasn't until tomorrow that I needed to go directly to the clubhouse and take down all of my hard work. I of course was devastated and burst into tears. Michael ended up having to talk to her until I could compose myself.  The other people were kind enough to change their celebration to another place so Gabby could have her party.  After that fiasco the day went fabulously. 







Gabby arrived to the party 30 minutes before the party dressed in her ballet attire and greeted by her ballerina, named Princess.  Gabby dragged her in the party area where we showed Gabby all of her party decorations (which she was very excited about) and then Gabby was ready to dance!  The ballerina started by seeing how Gabby liked to dance to some of her favorite Disney music.  Then Gabby received her very first ballet lesson.  She listened very well, but only for about 3 or 4 minutes and then she was ready to continue her twirls.  The ballerina danced around with Gabby and was just the sweetest girl I could have asked for! Gabby hardly even stopped dancing to greet guests as they arrived.




Once all of the children arrived we put their crowns on and they began their dance lesson.  The boys went outside and played on the playground and bounced in the bouncy house.  Quickly all of the girls were finished with dancing so we invited the boys back in and they all received ribbons to dance with.  The kids played with these for a very long time!  At one point however, all of the children decided going to the playground was what needed to happen so they all played while pizza was put on their plates. Then they had competitions of who could run the fastest, jump the highest, had the prettiest twirl, and the prettiest ballerina move (Gabby one this one).  All of the kids won a medal, which they seem to be excited about.  Next, yummy pizza was eaten while the ballerina performed a short dance (which we were all it aw of ).  Finally, Happy Birthday was sung and Gabby blew out the candles with a lot of work (and concern that she would burn her nose!).  Then it was time for photos with Princess and to say goodbye to her.  Gabby was okay with saying goodbye because an hour and a half was a ballerina was such special treat to her.




To end the celebration, Gabby opened an ocean of gifts from all of her beloved friends and family.  Everyone gave her gifts she truly adores!  I don't think Gabby could have asked for a better birthday.  We are so grateful to the love from family and friends that are constantly poured into Gabby's life.

 
Happy 3rd Birthday Gabby!  Daddy and I are so very lucky to have you in our lives and we thank God every day for giving us such a smart, sweet, funny, loving baby girl. You are a blessing to us and we love you more than you could ever imagine. I hope your 3rd year is full of lots of learning and fun adventures (as your Daddy and I very well plan on it being).  We love you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...