Skip to main content

Gabby's Favorite Holiday


Gabby loves flags and fireworks, so the 4th of July is officially her favorite holiday. This year Michael and I had her all to ourselves to celebrate and we really enjoyed indulging her every whim.  We started the day off by running late but making it just in time for Gabby's to ride in a wagon with her friend Alex in a small parade in a friend's neighborhood. 
It was only a 15 minute walk and the kids seemed to really enjoy waving to all of the people sitting on their front lawns watching the parade go by.
At the end of the parade there was a bounce house, sno cones, and hamburgers we all enjoyed while the kids played.  Once we arrived home Gabby was exhausted so we relaxed and watched a movie while we cooled down and then it was nap time.  

When Gabby woke from her nap we had a "surprise" for her (she loves surprises so I try to have one almost every day when she wakes from her nap).  Michael blew up a pool and filled it with water for her to swim in when she woke up.  She loved swimming, but only for 30 minutes then she was ready to do something new. 
 At some point during the day she enjoyed not one, but TWO mini cupcakes...to be more precise to cupcake frosting tops. Apparently her favorite snack.
Once we were dressed again we went to the local 4th of July Festival.  Gabby ran into her friend named Hailey who was waiting (an hour and a half) to get her face painted.  She and Gabby played until it was time for Hailey's face painting. Gabby LOVED Hailey's face painting, but Michael and I weren't willing to wait so long for a face painting.  Luckily this sweet girl who was painting glitter eye lids said she was willing to try to paint kitty whiskers (which is what Gabby was yelling for). The girl didn't do a great job, she apologized, but we didn't care Gabby was in love with them, which was all that mattered. 

The cutest part was walking back to Mike's friends house Gabby meowed the entire way. We ended Gabby's day of fun by watching the beautiful fireworks.  Gabby sat in my lap and made me hold her tight while she said, "wow" or labeled the color of each firework. It was a great day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...