Good Friday Michael, Gabby and I dyed Easter eggs. This was a very exciting experience for Gabby. She wanted to dye them the moment I mentioned dying eggs. I guess she knew it would be exciting because I described it to her that it's like painting. So then the entire time Michael and I were setting up: laying newspaper on the table, putting the tablets in the cups to make the dye, and waiting (forever!) for the eggs to cool enough for her to dye them. Gabby dyed eggs at first by putting the egg inside a whisk and dipping the egg in the cups, but that wasn't fun for her. She decided the only way to dye eggs was by picking up an egg and dropping it up from very high and splashing it into a cup of dye. Surprisingly most of the eggs survived their dive into the cups. Once Gabby was bored with dying eggs, she literally ate three entire eggs yolks and all! When Gabby was finished dying eggs she was very concerned about her hands, which were this terrible dark orange/brown. She had to have a bath and all of the dye disappeared! Our eggs are all solid bright colors. We really enjoyed dying eggs with Gabby.
It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day. This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children. We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met. They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids. The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon. Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was. She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse. I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring. Once Addison appeared (because the m...
Comments