Skip to main content

Nomads

So we are going to have some out of order blogs, basically because that describes our lives over the last three months! Our world is disorderly, turned upside down, and pure chaos.


Gabby, Michael, and I moved out of our house on September 12th and officially sold our house on September 16th. It was a week of long days, with me packing and cleaning, Michael constantly moving, and Aunt Ellen helping us by watching Miss Gabrielle. When Gabby was at the house “helping” us pack she could unpack two boxes as fast as I packed one! Needless to say moving took us literally the entire four days we had (and we had been packing boxes and moving items to storage two weeks prior to the official week designated for “the move”).

While being “homeless” we stayed at my parents’ house. Gabby loves going to Grandma and Papa’s but apparently is not interested in living there. The first 4 days we were there, Grandma and Papa were in Las Vegas, which was nice so Gabby could get used to living there. The first 3 nights she woke up at least 4 times a night, but the 4th night she finally slept without staying awake long. Once Grandma and Papa arrived home on Friday, we started from square one yet again; more sleepless nights and more adjustments for Gabby’s schedule. She whined, cried, and insisted Mommy hold her at all times for days.


For the first few weeks and even still occasionally Gabby will make car noises and say “bye bye” while blowing Grandma or Papa kisses. She is telling me that she is ready to leave. After living here a month she has finally adjusted which is wonderful; however, in two weeks we will be in a new house and have to start the readjustments all over again (if they ever set a closing date!). Natalie, my friend just went through this same process (for a much longer length of time) and informed me that they adjust much quicker in their own home. I will be glad when we have our own home yet again so that Grandma and Papa will get to just be grandparents and enjoy their granddaughter, rather than having to also be zookeepers!

Gabby gets extra spoiled. Grandma made her and her doll matching dresses.

I know Gabby is going to miss her grandparents when we move, but I also know her bond with them is even deeper now. I think Papa is going to take this whole moving thing the hardest. He loves getting to spoil her every night when he gets home from work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

JJ Watt

Anyone who knows Gabby knows she is a crazy cat baby and that is no exaggeration.  She believes she can speak cat, chooses clothing with cats on them, calls her cat, Lila, her sister, wants to be a cat babysitter when she grows up, and literally has at least 100 toys that are cats.  This girl is obsessed and has been since she was two.  Any time we ask her what she wants as a gift her answer is always a cat. Well her dream came true one day recently.  I kept dropping not so subtle hints that cats were only $5 at the SPCA.  One day Michael said lets go look at kittens. I literally thought he was just thinking Gabby would be in kitty heaven and we were going to look, but when we arrived Michael kept saying things as though we had decided to get a kitten. So after a very long wait we went and looked at hundreds of cats and kittens, but little JJ Watt stole her heart the moment she saw him and that was it we had found our newest family member. ...