Skip to main content

Swim Lesson

Monday was Gabby's first ever swim lesson, and third time ever in a pool.  She is in a group with two other babies that are a little older than her. When we first walked into the water it was cool, but not cold.  She seemed fine entering the water, but quickly lost her enthusiasm once we started singing songs and touching her cheeks into the water.  She did not seem to like the water touching her face, but we followed the other children. During our first session we worked on kicking in the water, pulling herself along the wall (the choo choo train), floating on her back and getting her ears used to the water, pulling herself out of the pool, and when getting back in the water turning around and grabbing the wall (Humpty Dumpty).  The entire 30 minutes Gabby did not really care for the water and kept telling me "up" meaning she wanted out, but she never cried even when she went under water once.  The instructor informed me that babies don't like getting water in their ears and Gabby didn't really care for it but after a minute floating on her back she seemed to tolerate it. Hopefully she will quickly realize that the water is fun and she will build confidence in the class.  However, the ultimate goal is for Gabby to be safer around water! (Don't worry this doesn't mean we are going to start encouraging her to hang out by the pool or near the bathtub unsupervised or anything!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...