Skip to main content

11 Months of Laughs and Love

Gabrielle is now 11 months believe it or not!  As an 11 month old Gabby has changed from a baby to a kid in what seems like a blink of an eye. She believes she is a big girl because she has one tooth.  She no longer crawls as her main source of transportation; instead, she walks (although sometimes uncoordinated). Her vocabulary increases daily.  She has about a eight word vocabulary which includes: mama, dada, cat, hi, uh-oh, eye (while poking you in the eye of course), and in the last two days she added "wow" and "bye."  She spontaneously looks at books, turns the pages, and points to pictures in her books.  She can now put objects back in boxes or buckets as well as taking them out. She also has an obvious preference for objects and sometimes will cry if you do not give her what she wants.  She also will cry if you tell her "no" or sometimes when she knows better and wants to try to do something she knows she is not allowed to do.  It is actually quite comical to watch her sometimes.

Furthermore, only days before her 11 month birthday she decided that she no longer likes baby food.  I know what you are thinking, great, no big deal now you have a natural way to transition to big girl food..WRONG!  Now I can transition to things that do not require being fed with a spoon or any other sort of utensil .  If you tried to feed Gabby with a spoon she would rub her eyes and act like she was tired, which typically meant food getting in her eyes, eyebrows, and all over her face.  If I was lucky enough to actually manage to get baby food into her mouth Gabby had a simple solution: stick her tongue out and use her hand to wipe every last morsel of pureed baby food off of her tongue! Luckily after figuring out that it wasn't the food it was the fact that it was baby food, I have within the last five days been able to feed Gabby with a spoon again, but I do not dare put baby food, apple sauce or any other pureed texture on the spoon!

Her favorite past times include playing the guitar with Papa, dancing to Barbie.com music, waving  and saying "hi" to people, swinging outside, taking rides in her stroller, taking out every single toy from her bag or toy box, shaking anything that makes noise, playing peek-a-boo with a blanket, playing in her secret club house behind Daddy's chair, petting/tormenting the cat and dog, knocking over blocks, giving her doll frequent concussions, and banging on anything with any stick shaped object she can find that makes noise. Gabrielle has changed a lot over the last 11 months.  Her Daddy and I love to hear her laugh and it seems that she has a great sense of humor and she loves to hear us laugh as well.  She is constantly trying to do things or make noises to make us laugh.  Gabby is the greatest blessing a family could have, she makes every day more amazing than the last one because we love her more every day and she does something new every day that surprises us!  Her personality is growing more and more and it is wonderful getting to know our little girl and watching her personality blossom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...