Skip to main content

Like Mother Like Daughter

Gabby is working hard to learn a new skill, it's one that I learned in utero. Michael and I have worked really hard to prevent her from being like her mom, but she is one determined little girl! She is getting pretty good at finding her thumb and placing it in her mouth.  It has taken her 10 weeks  to consistently get her thumb into her mouth, but she has succeeded! A little over a month ago was the first time she ever got her thumb in her mouth, and I must say it was the most coordinated time. The moment she stuck her thumb in her mouth and sucked once, Michael was swiftly pulling her thumb from her mouth because he was afraid she might realize she liked sucking her thumb.  Ever since that triumphant day she has been working extremely hard to repeat this action.  She enjoys sucking her thumb, but only works at it whenever her pacifier falls out.  It helps on car rides when she starts crying because her pacifier falls out of her mouth.  After a minute she usually remembers that she can try to suck her thumb and it is adorable hearing all of the loud smacking noised she makes while sucking her hand and looking for her thumb.  I hope that Gabby continues being so persistent to succeed the things she desires, this is a great skill to learn in life. "If at first you don't succeed try, try again!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...